Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore new Asian School of the Environment seeks two full professor level positions in ecology as part of a terrestrial and marine initiative in Southeast Asia. The Asian School of the Environment, a new interdisciplinary School, that focuses on Asian environmental challenges. The school integrates Earth systems, environmental life sciences, ecology, engineering, humanities, and the social sciences to address key issues of the environment and sustainability.
To initiate this transformation, NTU opens position at the full professor level (tenure).
We seek an internationally prominent ecologist, who works in marine or terrestrial systems interested in ecological interactions at multiple scales. The new position in ecology will complement the Earth Observatory of Singapore’s (EOS) core strengths in natural hazards and Earth systems science; the Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences’ (SCELSE) expertise in structure and function of complex microbial communities, and the Complexity Institute’s research in coupled human and natural systems.
NTU seeks scientist with outstanding track records in the field of (tropical) forest or marine ecology. The successful candidate will establish the new Asian School of the Environment as a leader in studies of tropical ecological and ecosystem processes.
The candidate is expected to:
- Establish a world-class research programme,
- Play a leading role in the formation of the new Asian School of the Environment,
- Enhance the new School’s visibility as an international leader in education and research in Ecology and Ecosystem Science,
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Ecology and related environmental sciences, and
- Actively collaborate with NTU faculty and researchers with existing strengths in Earth Systems Science and Environmental Life Sciences.
- Work to strengthen interactions between NTU and the Smithsonian Institution in building and enhancing the Forest and Marine Global Earth Observatories Programs.
NTU offers highly competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits, including subsidized on-campus housing and childcare. A start-up package, state-of-the-art research infrastructure as well as a yearly research allowance for positions and consumables will be available.
Please address requests for further information to Professor Alexander J.B. Zehnder (AZEHNDER@ntu.edu.sg); and to Dr. Stuart J. Davies (DaviesS@si.edu) for information pertaining to the joint Smithsonian activity. Applications, including the applicant's experience/philosophy of research, teaching, and extension, a résumé, and contact information for three professional references should be sent to the Provost of NTU, Professor Freddy Boey (email@example.com). Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
NTU is an equal opportunity employer.