Humza joined Earth Observatory in 2012 and is currently working on multi-touch computer screens, developing advanced multi-touch screen GIS applications with interactive display and user experience in mind. Conventional touch-screens only register a single point, though some register multi-point touches (two or more fingers). This technology helps avoid use of computer-mice and on a large screen, can provide a very intuitive and engaging way of making presentations using geological maps. His research interests include capacitive grid patterns of touch screens, field programmable gate arrays and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- 2012-2016 (expected) Doctor of Philosophy (part-time), School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University.
Research Focus: Capacitive Multitouch Screen Sensing Algorithms and Grid Patterns.
- 2011-2012 Masters of Science in Embedded Systems, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University.
CGPA : 4.93/5.00
Representative Coursework: Embedded Systems Programming, Software Development and Life Cycle, Embedded Linux, Embedded Processors and Peripherals, Advanced Digital System Design, Computer Architecture, Digital Signal Processing.
- 2006-2010 Bachelors of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering, National University of Sciences and TEchnology, Pakistan.
CGPA : 3.40/4.00
Representative Coursework: Digital and Analogue Control Systems, Digital Communications, Electronics, Integrated Circuits, Computer Networks, Power Electronics. Electrical Machines.
- Earth Observatory of Singapore: 02-July-2012 till present
Designer and developer of “GeoTouch” and “GeoPad”, an advanced educational and demonstration tool based on .NET and WPF architecture.
Major Responsibilities include: Designing educational touch screen applications using Microsoft Surface APIs for Windows platforms and using Cocoa for iOS platform.
- Rolls-Royce Plc Singapore: 05-December-2011 to 06-January-2012 (Internship)
Implemented Space Vector PWM Modulation and Sinusoidal PWM modulation for motor control drive on Spartan 3e FPGA using VHDL.
Major Responsibilities included: (1) Sinusoidal PWM and Space Vector PWM signal generation using Spartan 3E FPGA and (2) The modulated signals generated were used in controlling inverter switches in an induction motor drive.
- Telenor Pakistan Pvt Ltd: 25-November-2010 to 16-July-2011 (Full-time Job)
Designation: RF Planning Officer
Major Responsibilities included: (1)Planning new BTS sites to improve coverage and quality, (2) Maintaining the KPIs (CSSR, MPD, DCR, HOSR) of existing BSCs in the region, and (3) Frequency Planning of the newly on air sites.
- Undergraduate Internships:
- Did a research project on veterbi decoder algorithm at Center for Advanced Research in Engineering (CARE), Pakistan from 21-July-2009 to 21-August-2009.
- Did internship at Cummins Power Generation, Islamabad, Pakistan from 01-September-2009 to 28-September-2009.
- Attended a Wireless Channel Modelling and Simulation at National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan from 16-July-2008 to 16-August-2008.
- Secured highest GPA in School of Computer Engineering, NTU during Masters.
- Secured 1st position in IEEE organized speed programming (C/C++) contest.
- Secured 2nd position in nationwide circuit designing competition held in Pakistan 2008.
- Holder of the President’s scholarship during the tenure in undergraduate university in Pakistan.
- Won Merit of Honour Award from the rector of my undergraduate university.
- Member of the organizing committee of youth leadership conference, Pakistan for four years.