- 2010 Certificate in Community-Based Development, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Colorado State University.
- 2003 M. S., Geological Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2003 Secondary (7-12) Teacher Preparation Program: Earth Science, Physical Science, and General Science, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1998 B. A., Geological Sciences, State University of New York at Geneseo
- 2010-present Earth Science Educator, Earth Observatory of Singapore, NTU
- 2005-2010 Science Teacher, Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
- 2009-present Newsletter Editor and Writer (Volunteer), Empowerment International Granada, Nicaragua
- summers 2006-present Research Experience for Teachers Intern, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics Solar and Stellar X-Ray Group Cambridge, MA
- 2003-2005 6th-8th Grade Teacher, Brookfield School (private K-8 school accredited by NIPSA), Reno, NV
- 1999-2003 Teaching Assistant, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2009-present Translator (Volunteer, Spanish – English), Familia Fabretto and Sustainable Harvest
- 2002-2003 Lead Instructor and River Guide, Canyonlands Field Institute
Moab, UT, Nicaragua
- 2002-2003 Naturalist and Instructor, Great Basin Outdoor School
- 2000 Luminescence (Quaternary dating) Lab Assistant, Desert Research Institute
- 2001 Consulting Geologist, Piedmont Geosciences, Inc. Reno, NV
- 2002-2003 Ski Racing Coach, Sugar Bowl Ski Team, Norden, CA
- winters 1994-1998 Ski Instructor, Bristol Mountain, Canandaigua, NY
- summers 1994-2000 Aquatics Director, Instructor, and Camp Counselor, Camp Babcock-Hovey, Ovid, NY
Honours and Awards:
- 2000-2001 Outstanding Masters Degree Student in Geological Sciences
University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Geological Sciences
- 2000-2001 Women's Auxiliary to the American Institute of Metallurgical Engineers Scholarship-Loan, supported academic and living expenses during the academic year, US$8000.
- 1998 Megathlin Award for Outstanding Senior in Geological Sciences, SUNY Geneseo, presented with an honorary and useful rock hammer.
What determines the intensity of solar flare/CME events?. The Astrophysical Journal. 665, (2007).
Pleistocene glaciation of the southwest Tahoe basin, Sierra Nevada, California. M.S., 179. (2003).
Rebuilt risk: involuntary return, voluntary migration, and socioeconomic segregation in post-tsunami Aceh. European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2016. (2016).
An active volcano - where scientists and teachers cause explosive inquiry-based learning to erupt. AOGS-AGU Joint Assembly. (2012).
Earth science, science centre, and classroom: collaboration for communication. AOGS-AGU Joint Assembly. (2012).
Earthquake and tsunami hazard in West Sumatra: integrating science, outreach, and local stakeholder needs. EGU General Assembly. (2012).
Partnerships for outreach: earthquake and tsunami hazard in West Sumatra. AOGS-AGU Joint Assembly. (2012).
Userdriven science: earthquake and tsunami scenarios for Mentawai Islands, western Sumatra. AGU Fall Meeting. (2011).
Enhancing the earth-science content and inquiry basis of physical geography education in Singapore schools. AGU Fall Meeting. (2011).
The Neupert effect in microflares with Hinode/XRT and RHESSI. Hinode-2 Science Meeting. (2008).
Relative dating of Pleistocene moraines, southwest Tahoe basin, California. Geological Society of America. (2000).