Project Officer (Communications)
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) seeks a Project Officer in the areas of Communications.
The successful candidate will be part of the EOS Community Engagement Office, and will collaborate with researchers from the ‘Integrating Volcano and Earthquake Science and Technology (InVEST) in Southeast Asia’ project, a 5-year project that aims to provide a holistic understanding of regional tectonics, volcanoes, the linkages between the two, and their cascading hazards and impacts in Singapore and Southeast Asia. We will be hiring a large number of research staff and students to work on this project, so it promises to be a very exciting time to join our team!
EOS is a Research Centre of Excellence at Nanyang Technological University Singapore that conducts fundamental research on earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and climate change in and around Southeast Asia, towards safer and more sustainable societies. The EOS Community Engagement Office co-creates learning opportunities for a range of audiences to promote a safer and more sustainable future.
EOS seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
- Create content about the activities and research findings of the programme, in collaboration with the scientists and under the guidance of the EOS Community Engagement Office.
- Communicate programme results to relevant stakeholders, including government agencies and the general public, including internal reports, social media, and other external communications, under the guidance of RO and the EOS Community Engagement Office.
- Participate in and contribute to project research and management meetings.
- Participate in various public engagement activities, working closely with the EOS Community Engagement Office.
- Provide research support as needed, such as background literature review.
- BSc degree in Earth Sciences, Geography, Environmental Studies, Communications, Public Policy, Civil or Environmental Engineering or other related field.
- Familiar with and interested in human-environmental systems, public policy, non-governmental or humanitarian work.
- Very well organized with experience in project management and communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality and impactful research.
- Experience working with Singapore government agencies and/or in public engagement.
- Evidence of being able to work both independently and collaboratively, with a strong team spirit.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a statement of interests.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please submit an official application here.
Hiring Institution: NTU