Research Assistant (Geology)
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites applications for the position of Research Assistant who will work with Assistant Professor Aron Meltzner’s research group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with surveying, UAV drone flying, sample collection, sample processing, snorkeling, digging, carrying of equipment, working in paleoseismic trenches, and other similar tasks
- Analyse and interpret tide gauge and sea-level proxy data
- Help to train undergrads and new group members who join the group
- Arrange logistics and handle administrative requirements associated with field work, locally and overseas; assist with procurement of equipment and supplies, and similar administrative tasks
- Assist with obtaining research permits, and writing and submitting annual reports
- Participate in the preparation of presentations for conferences and of manuscripts for publication
- Bachelor’s degree in geological or environmental sciences or similar field
- Have extensive field experience in geological or environmental sciences, including field surveying and working in coastal environments
- Experience in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Illustrator®, Microsoft® Excel®, MATLAB® and Agisoft Metashape
- Able to swim, as this will be essential when working in the field
- Experience doing remote field work overseas will be advantageous
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends (with time off in lieu as appropriate) is essential, as the timing of field work is dictated by tides and seasons.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritising candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV for consideration for the post. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please submit an official application here: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Research-Assistant--Geology-_R00009720-1/apply