Research Assistant (Physical Sciences)
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invite applications for a Research Assistant who will work in a vibrant scientific department with state-of-the-art labs and a team of international scientists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in decision-making discussions and be involved in all fieldwork, lab work and workshops
- Support researchers with sourcing and procuring equipment, training safety and laboratory techniques to students
- Organize field work- book vehicles, check equipment is returned cleaned and undamaged
- Organize and maintain laboratory equipment
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate student in laboratory techniques
- Ensure laboratory meets health and safety requirement
- Being a member of the safety committee and chemical spill response team
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Physical sciences
- Skills in coastal systems and/or micropaleontology are highly desirable
- Familiarity working in a lab and in field conditions are required
- Prior experience in analogue experiments on volcanic processes and acquisition of field data are desired
Role is based at NTU campus but some local and international travel will be required. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please click HERE to apply for the position.