Research Associate (Geology)
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate who will work with Assistant Professor Aron Meltzner’s research group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with surveying, UAV drone flying, sample collection, sample processing, snorkeling, digging, carrying of equipment, working in paleoseismic trenches, and other similar tasks
- Analyze and interpret tide gauge and sea-level proxy data; help to train undergrads and new group members who join the group
- Arrange logistics and handle administrative requirements associated with field work, locally and overseas
- Assist with procurement of equipment and supplies, and similar administrative tasks
- Assist with obtaining research permits, and writing and submitting annual reports
- Participate in the preparation of presentations for conferences and of manuscripts for publication
- Master’s degree in geological or environmental sciences or similar field
- Have extensive field experience in geological or environmental sciences, including field surveying and working in coastal environments
- Have experience in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Illustrator®, Microsoft® Excel®, MATLAB® and Agisoft Metashape
- Able to swim, as this will be essential when working in the field
- Experience doing remote field work overseas will be advantageous
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends (with time off in lieu as appropriate) is essential, as the timing of field work is dictated by tides and seasons
In line with Singapore’s nationwide Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), employees must be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, unless certified to be medically ineligible. For Information on VDS, please click here.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV for consideration for the post. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please submit an official application here: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Research-Associate--Geology-_R00009719-1/apply