The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invites applications for a Research Fellow (RF) position to work on peatland environmental geochemistry and aquatic geochemistry in Southeast Asia.
The main tasks of this position are:
1) to perform extensive fieldwork in tropical peatlands (e.g., Borneo) and collect peat, sediment, rock and water samples;
2) to develop high-precision geochemical techniques to analyze environmental samples;
3) to operate and maintain the state-of-the-art wet chemistry clean room and high-resolution mass spectrometers, and
4) to participate in mentoring RAs and students at EOS/ASE.
The successful candidate is also expected to
1) work with international collaborators in both fields and labs,
2) actively participate in various education and outreach activities, and
3) publish scientific outcomes of the research in international peer-reviewed journals.