My main research interests are:
- Geological hazards assessment
- 1994 B.S Geophysics, State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton. Modeling the seismic source and tsunami generation of the December 12, 1992 Flores Island, Indonesia, earthquake
- 2004 PhD Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University. Source mechanisms of Very-Long-Period signals at Merapi Volcano, Indonesia, and Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat, B.W.I.
- 2009–present Senior Research Fellow, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University
- 2004–2009 Post-Doctorate Research Scholar, Department of Geosciences, Penn State University, Pennsylvania, USA
- 1994–1996 Research Assistant, R & D center for Geotechnology, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), Bandung, Indonesia.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth’s Interior (IAVCEI)
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)
- Feb-May 2012 An informal advising is given to Akshat Dave, a B.S. student in the Computer Engineering department for his senior final project in designing low cost low power seismic and deformation monitoring.
- April 2011 An informal advising is given to Ji Wen Bin, a M.S. student in EEE department for his MSc signal processing project.
- April 2011 A tutorial on operating Nanometrics broadband seismograph, 5.8 radio telemetry, and EOS datalogger was given to CVGHM staff on 13 April.
- Feb 2010 An informal lecture on seismometry had been given to Dr. I. Mc Loughin research group and students. A few tutoring sessions had been given to the students on designed on low-cost volcano/earthquake monitoring device.
- Feb 2010 A tutorial and discussion of volcano deformation data modeling were conducted for two PHIVOLCS colleagues (Dr. T. Bacolcol and Mr. P. Alanis) for Mayon Volcano deformation data.
- 1999-2000 Teaching Assistant, GEOSC-40 Sea Around Us, Department of Geosciences, Penn State University.
Crustal thickness and velocity structure beneath Singapore's seismic network. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences. 64, 245-255. (2013).
Pressure changes in the magmatic system during the December 2008/January 2009 extrusion event at Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat (W.I.), derived from strain data analysis. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research. 250, 34-41. (2013).
Receiver function structure beneath four seismic stations in the Sumatra region. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences. 46, 161-176. (2012).
Magma chamber dynamics during the December 2008/January 2009 extrusion event at Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat (W.I.), derived from strain data analysis. Geophysical Journal International. (2011).