- 2009: PhD (Geophysics), University of Science and Technology of China
- 2004: BSc (Geophysics), University of Science and Technology of China
- October 2014 — present: Assistant Professor, Asian School of Environment, NTU
- October 2014 — present: Principal Investigator, Earth Observatory of Singapore, NTU
- July 2009 — October 2014: Research Fellow, Seismological Laboratory, Caltech, USA
- 2012 — present: Seismological Society of America
- 2008 — present: American Geophysical Union
- 2019 — 2020: Guest Editor of Geoscience Letters
Manuscript Reviews (2014 — present)
- Scientific Report
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth
- Seismological Research Letters
- Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America
- Geophysical Journal International
- Pure and Applied Geophysics
- Geoscience Letters
- Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Earth and Planetary Physics
- Journal of Seismology
- Earth Science of China
- Science China – Earth Science
- Journal of Geophysics of China
- Earthquake Science
- February 2020 — present: Assistant Chair for Research, Asian School of the Environment
- November 2019 — February 2020: Acting Assistant Chair for Research at Asian School of the Environment
- 2018 — present: Chair of High-Performance Cluster at Asian School of the Environment/ Earth Observatory of Singapore
- 2014 — 2016: Organiser, Asian School of the Environment-Earth Observatory of Singapore Department seminar series
Honours and Awards:
2018: Editors Citation for Excellence in Refereeing — Geophysical Research Letters
The effects of core-reflected waves on finite fault inversions with teleseismic body wave data. Geophysical Journal International. 211(2), 936-951. (2017).
Rapid Assessment of Earthquake Source Characteristics. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 106(6), 2490-2499. (2016).
Focal Mechanism of the August 18th 2012 Mw6.3 Palu-Koro Earthquake and Its Implication of Seismic Hazard. 6th International Symposium on Earth Hazard and Disaster Mitigation. 1857, (2016).
Lower edge of locked Main Himalayan Thrust unzipped by the 2015 Gorkha earthquake. Nature Geoscience. (2015).
Coseismic displacements from SAR image offsets between different satellite sensors: Application to the 2001 Bhuj (India) earthquake. Geophysical Research Letters. 42(17), 7022-7030. (2015).
The 2012 Brawley swarm triggered by injection-induced aseismic slip. Earth And Planetary Science Letters. 422, 115-125. (2015).
The 2014 Mw6.1 South Napa Earthquake: A unilateral rupture with shallow asperity and rapid afterslip. Seismological Research Letters. 86(2A), 344-354. (2015).
Rupture complexity of the 1994 Bolivia and 2013 Sea of Okhotsk deep earthquakes. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. (2014).
Seismic slip boosted on a misoriented fault bend during the 2013, Mw 7.7 Balochistan Earthquake. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. (2014).
Complementary slip distributions of the largest earthquakes in the 2012 Brawley swarm, Imperial Valley, California. Geophysical Research Letters. 40, 1-6. (2013).
Modeling the 2012 Wharton Basin Earthquakes off-Sumatra; Complete Lithospheric Failure. Journal of Geophysical Research Solid Earth. 118, 3592–3609. (2013).
Rupture complexity of the Mw 8.3 Sea of Okhotsk earthquake: rapid triggering of complementary earthquakes?. Geophysical Research Letters. (2013).
An iterative algorithm for separation of S and ScS waves of great earthquakes. Geophysical Journal International. 91, 591~600. (2012).
Locating earthquake with surface waves and centroid moment tensor estimation. Journal of Geophysical Research. 117, (2012).
Different rupture sources of shaking and flooding during the Tohoku-Oki Earthquake: a mixture of rupture style. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 91-100. (2012).
Effects of sedimentary layer on earthquake source modeling from geodetic inversion. Earthquake Science. 24(2), 1674-4519. (2011).
The co-seismic Coulomb stress change and expected seismicity rate caused by 14 April 2010 Ms =7.1 Yushu, China, earthquake, 2011. Tectonophysics. 510, 345-353. (2011).
Earthquake Centroid Locations Using Calibration from Ambient Seismic Noise. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 10(3), 1438-1445. (2011).
Coulomb Stress Change Sensitivity due to Variability in Mainshock Source Models and Receiving Fault Parameters: A Case Study of the 2010-2011 Christchurch, New Zealand, Earthquakes. Seismological Research Letters. 82, 800-814. (2011).
Source model of the 11th July 2004 Zhongba earthquake revealed from the joint inversion of InSAR and seismological data. Earthquake Science. 24(2), 207-220. (2011).
Superficial simplicity of the 2010 El Mayor–Cucapah earthquake of Baja California in Mexico. Nature Geoscience. (2011).
Initiation of the great Mw 9.0 Tohoku–Oki earthquake. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. (2011).
The 2011 Magnitude 9.0 Tohoku-Oki Earthquake: Mosaicking the Megathrust from Seconds to Centuries. Science. 332(6063), 1421-1425. (2011).
Source Mechanism and Rupture Directivity of the May 18, 2009 MW 4.6 Inglewood, California, Earthquake. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 100(6), 3269-3277. (2010).
Surface Wave Path Corrections and Source Inversions in Southern California. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 100(6), 2891-2904. (2010).
The 16 August 2003 Chifeng earthquake: Is it a lower crust earthquake?. Chinese J. Geophys. (in Chinese)`. 52(1), 111-119. (2009).
Source mechanism of strong aftershocks (Ms≥5.6) of the 2008/05/12 Wenchuan earthquake and the implication for seismotectonics. Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences. 52(6), 739-753. (2009).
Preliminary Report on the 29 July 2008 Mw 5.4 Chino Hills, Eastern Los Angeles Basin, California, Earthquake Sequence. Seismological Research Letters. 79(6), 855-866. (2008).