Megathrust Dynamics Symposium
The Megathrust Dynamics Symposium, part of the 14th International Conference on Fracture, will take place on Rhodes, Greece, in June 18-23, 2017. The symposium will gather experts in various aspects of faulting and earthquake mechanics to discuss various topics related to megathrust dynamics. The focus will be on observational and theoretical earthquake physics, including rheology, friction, the strength of the lithosphere, and more focused subjects related to tectonic geodesy, structural geology, seismology, and the physical modeling of deformation.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Ylona van Dinther, Senior Scientist and Lecturer, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich
- Abhijit Ghosh, Assistant Professor, University of California at Riverside
- Takane Hori, Senior Scientist, Center for Earthquake and Tsunami, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
- Emilie Klein, Postdoctoral Scholar, Institute de Physique du Globe de Strasbourg
- Nadia Lapusta, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Geophysics, Division of Engineering and Applied Science, Division of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences, California Institute of Technology
- Jack Loveless, Assistant Professor of Geosciences, Smith College
- Lingsen Meng, Assistant Professor, University of California at Los Angeles
- Jun Muto, Assistant Professor, Department of Earth Science, Tohoku University
- Andrew Newman, Associate Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Andreas Rietbrock, Professor, Head of Department of Earth, Ocean and Ecological Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Christopher Speiers, Professor of Earth Materials, Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University
- Christophe Vigny, Professor, Directeur du Laboratoire de Géologie, École Normale Supérieure, Paris
- Shengji Wei, Assistant Professor, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University
The conference venue is at an exquisite, family friendly location in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea. The symposium will include oral and poster presentations. To participate, please post your abstract and title to www.icf14.org before October 31, 2016.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Rhodes.