Project Officer (Community Engagement)
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) seeks a Project Officer in the areas of community engagement and event management.
The successful candidate will be part of the EOS Community Engagement Office, and will collaborate with researchers from the ‘Integrating Volcano and Earthquake Science and Technology (InVEST) in Southeast Asia’ project, a 5-year project that aims to provide a holistic understanding of regional tectonics, volcanoes, the linkages between the two, and their cascading hazards and impacts in Singapore and Southeast Asia. We will be hiring a large number of research staff and students to work on this project, so it promises to be a very exciting time to join our team!
EOS is a Research Centre of Excellence at Nanyang Technological University Singapore that conducts fundamental research on earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and climate change in and around Southeast Asia, towards safer and more sustainable societies. The EOS Community Engagement office co-creates learning opportunities for a range of audiences to promote a safer and more sustainable future.
EOS seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
- Assist with activity planning, progress tracking, data management, collaboration schedule, and organization of research visits and workshops, under the guidance of RO and the EOS Community Engagement Office.
- Liaise with external vendors, depending on the needs of the programme and the activities conducted.
- Participate in and contribute to project research and management meetings.
- Participate in various public engagement activities, working closely with the EOS Community Engagement Office.
- Provide logistical support for research as needed, such as background literature review and reporting.
- Coordinate internal discussions and meetings, as well as engagement and outreach activities with relevant stakeholders, including collaborators, agencies, the general public, and affected or at-risk communities.
- BSc degree in Event Management, Business, Public Relations, Communications, or other related field; or a BSc degree in Environmental Studies, or related field, with significant experience in Event Management.
- Experience with organising, managing, and conducting outreach events, or events in general, that bring together people from different backgrounds.
- Familiar with and interested in human-environmental systems, public policy, non-governmental or humanitarian work.
- Very well organized with experience in project management and communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to deliver high-quality and impactful research.
- Experience working with Singapore government agencies and/or in public engagement.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively, with a strong team spirit
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a statement of interests.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please submit an official application here.
Hiring Institution: NTU