Research Assistant (Earth Science Content)
A Research Assistant position is currently available in the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS). Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities. The Earth Observatory in Singapore (EOS) at NTU Singapore is a national science Research Center of Excellence. Its mission is to conduct fundamental research on earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami and climate change in and around Southeast Asia, toward safer and more sustainable societies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the EOS research groups and the Community Engagement team to translate and share the impact of research projects through EOS’ communication channels
- Research, develop and produce stories for institutional blog, website and social media
- Manage social media accounts for climate change/sea-level rise
- Support and attend key conferences and events as needed, working with the Community Engagement team to host exhibit booths and present outreach work
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc in science with experience in science communication, or BA in journalism/communications with experience in writing about sciences, and at least 2 years of experience
- Proven ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written and time management skills
- Experience in writing, editing and creating content for social media
- Able to work as a team player, and balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and able to deal with pressure in a flexible and graceful manner
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
In line with Singapore’s nationwide Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), employees must be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, unless certified to be medically ineligible. For Information on VDS, please click here.
To apply for the role of Research Assistant (Earth Science Content), please visit https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Research-Assistant--Earth-Science-Content-_R00010478-1